What would you do if you had the chance to lead Washington, DC?
The YMCA DC Youth & Government program gives high school students like YOU the chance to see what it is like being the Mayor, a member of the City Council, or a member of the Board of Education, and speaking out on issues that matter to you.
During the fall, you will have the opportunity to meet with students from across the city at a one-day Youth Summit conference. At the Youth Summit, you will meet with community leaders, government officials, and discuss local issues that matter to you. In the spring, you will take part in the two-day Legislative Weekend conference, where you will present and debate bills on how you would improve the city if you were in charge.
Top 5 Reasons to Join YMCA DC Youth & Government:
1. Make friends with other teens from across the metropolitan Washington area.
2. Meet elected and appointed city officials.
3. Debate and solve local issues that matter to you.
4. Dance and sing karaoke during Teen Night.
5. Stay in a hotel during the Legislative Weekend conference.